4. a. Look at the examples. Then circle the crrect words in the sentences.
present simple Present Continuous
Mike livs in At the moment, he’s living
Canterbury, England in a house in Namibia.
Many people work Mike is working in a
as voluteers. Hospital at the moment
1.We always wear / We’re always wearning a uniform to school.
2. Paula wears / Paula’s wearning black jeans today.
3. Come insidel it rains / it’s raining.
4. It rains / it’s raining a lot in Feberuary.
5. Dad cooks / Dad’s cooking at the moment.
6. My mother cooks / My mother’s cooking lunch every Sunday.
7. Stave’s terriblel He never listens / He’s never listening to the teacher!
b. We use different time expressions with the two tenses. Comolete the lists with the time expressions in the box.
at the moment usally every weeked
this afternoon never right now today
every evning this week twice a year
Present simple Present continuous
every day now
always this morning
usally at the moment
every weeked this afternoon
every evning right now
twice s year today
c. Complete the sentences. Use the present simple or present continuous form of the verbs.
- Sarah usually walks (walk) to school, but today she going (go) by bike.
2. We are have (have) geography lessons twice a week. We are learning (learn) about volcanoes at the moment.
3. Julia surfing (surf) the net this afternoon. She is want (want) to find some information for a project.
4. I know (know) his face, but i not remember (not remember) his name.
5. We aren’t dancing (not dance) toninght because we aren’t like (not like) the music.
6. What .. this word … (mean)? I … (not understand) it.