1) a. Complete the dialogue with the past simple from of be.
a. You weren’t at school yesterday afternoon. Where been you.
b. I am at home. There are a football match on television.
a. Are it a good match?
b. No, it wasn’t! All the players were awful!
b. Complete the sentences. Use the past simple form of the verbs.
1. In 1950, there were (be) 199,854 people at the World Cup final between Brazil and Uruguay in Rio de Janeiro. They are saw (see) a great match — But Brazil didn’t win (not win).
2. The Swedish athlete Oskar Gomar Swann become (become) famous when he winning (win) a siliver medal in shooting at the Olympic Games in Antwerp in 1920. He was (be) 72 years old.
3. At the 1984 Olympic Games in Los Angeles, Carl Lewis is won (win) four gold medals.
4. In the first round of the long lump. Lewis jumped (jump) 8.54 metres. After that, he stopped (stop). Nobody can beat me,’ he said (say).
5. I go (go) to the cinema last night, but i didn’t enjoy (not enjoy) the film very much.
6. A: What are James said (say) to you yesterday?
B: He don’t said (not say) anything!
7. A: didn’t you saw (see) Alice last night?
B: No, i don’t saw (not see) Alice, but i saw (see) jenny.
8. A: Where are you has gone (go) last summer?
B: We … (go) to New York. But we … (not go) up the Empire State Building.
2) a. Complete the sentences with the words in the box.
out, on, off
1. Let’s go out tonight. I don’t want to stay at home.
2. Leo, look at all your books on the floor! pick them up, please.
3. This bag is very heavy. I’m going to put it down for a minute.
4. It’s cold today. You should put on a warm coat.
5. It’s hot in here. I’m going to take my jumper off.
b. Fill in the puzzle with name of sports. What is the mystery word?
1. You do this on a board in snow.
2. You need six players, a ball and net to play this game. — Volleyball
3.You need a bike for this sport.- cycling
4. You do this in a pool- swimming
5. You do this in the mountains in winter.- skiing
6. Ice … is a winter team game. — hockey
7. You go to the sea with a board for this sport. — surfing