Facts about Seoul
1. Seoul is the capital and largest city in South Korea.
2. The official name of the city is the Seoul Special Metropolitan City.
3. Seoul is situated in the northwest part of South Korea on the Han River.
4. The sprawling metropolitan area is much larger at 25.6 million people – the 5th most populous in the world.
5. Seoul is noted for its population density, which is almost twice that of New York and eight times greater than Rome.
6. The city is bordered by eight mountains, as well as the more level lands of the Han River plain and western areas.