1. a. Complete the sentences. Use the verbs in the box with the correct form of be going to.
1. Look at those clouds. It’s going to rain.
2. I’ve got a difficult history project to do. My sister was going to help me with it.
3. I am not going to watch television tonight. All the programmes are boring!
4. Are you going to wear your black jeans tonight?
5. My parents are going to visit my grandfather at the weekend.
6. Peter doesn’t like horses. He isn’t going to ride with us this afternoon.
7. There’s a party next Friday night, and we are going to dance all night!
b. Complete each sentence with must or mustn’t.
1. Come on, Julie! mustn’t be late!
2.It’s a great book. You really must read it.
3. Sorry, Jimmy, I’m late. I must go now.
4. You mustn’t tell anyone about this! It’s too embarrassing.
5. Diane, turn the music down! You mustn’t play it so loudly!
6. I can go out with you tonight, but I must be home before midnight.
7. OK, you can have a pet snake — but it mustn’t come into the house!
c. Complete the first conditional sentences with the correct form or the verbs.
1. If you help (help) me, I‘ll buy (buy) you an ice cream.
2. If Jack comes (come) to school late, the teacher will be (be) really angry.
3. The neighbours complained (complain) if we are make (make) a lot of noise.
4. If i have (have) time, I’ll get (get) the tickets this afternoon.
2. a. Complete the sentences using the correct multi-word verbs.
1. We’re all worried about his health. He should really give up smoking.
2. if you want to be fit, why don’t you … some sport?
3. If you don’t understand this word, … it … in a dictionary.
4. It was unfair that the teacher … me … for talking. It wasn’t me who was talking!
5. You don’t need to help me with this problem. I think I can … it … myself.
6. My uncle is a designer. He wants to … his own business soon.
7. There’s a new youth clod in our street. let’s … it … .
b. Complete the adjectives with the -ed or -ing ending.
1. I was really tired last night when I went to bed. Yesterday was a very tired day.
2. We were excited about going to the football, but in the end it was a bored match.
3. I thought the Dracula film was quite frightening, but my girlfriend wasn’t frightened at all.
4. We went to a museum last Sunday. My parents thought it was really interesting, but i was a bit bored.